Thursday, May 7, 2009

tiny vessels.

I move to much to be much of a pack rat, and though I’d like to think that I don’t collect things because I’m extremely organized and minimalist, the truth is that I’m terribly forgetful, clumsy, and lazy. Boxes get left on trucks that are returned to rental companies; bags are too heavy to carry up the last flight of stairs only to be carried back down in a few months; piles are tripped over and broken.

What I do collect are memories. And most of my memories center around my kitchen, rented though it may be. I may not remember to clip that recipe, (or if I do, I leave it in a notebook never to be found) but the memory of that moment remains.

The moment I thought to write a foodblog was really not that different from any other moment in my kitchen. I was making Sunday dinner and had my mise in scattered bowls and dishes on the countertop and table, getting ready to assemble it all, and I thought how pretty all those tiny vessels filled with different colors and textures looked.

So this blog is a way to remember those moments in the kitchen and, like any good meal, hopefully to share

No comments:

Post a Comment